Does Not Compute
206: A New Slab of Aluminium
Sean and Rockwell talk about using Domain Driven Design to decouple the procedures for keeping Design Kollective's Elasticseach store in sync, the challenge of following programming patterns to the letter, and Rockwell's new Macbook Pro.
- Elasticsearch - https://www.elastic.co/products/elastic-stack
- Keeping Elasticsearch in Sync - https://www.elastic.co/blog/found-keeping-elasticsearch-in-sync
- Real-Time Phoenix Book - https://pragprog.com/book/sbsockets/real-time-phoenix
- Useful Elixir Patterns from Real-world Side Project - https://stephenbussey.com/2019/05/10/useful-elixir-patterns-from-real-world-side-project.html
- Elixir - Absinthe - https://hexdocs.pm/absinthe/overview.html
- Searchkick Gem - https://github.com/ankane/searchkick
- Domain Driven Design Book - https://dddcommunity.org/book/evans_2003/
- Law of Demeter - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Demeter
- Phoenix Contexts - https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix/contexts.html
- Sick-Pack of Peak Challenge - https://sixpackofpeaks.com/
- Ninite - https://ninite.com
- Keystone Habits: Improve All Areas of Your Life with One Small Habit - https://zapier.com/blog/keystone-habits
- Notion - https://www.notion.so
- How Dali, Einstein, And Aristotle Perfected The Power Nap - https://www.fastcompany.com/3023078/how-dali-einstein-and-aristotle-perfected-the-power-nap
Leave us a review
Last but not least, if you haven't rated or reviewed the show yet and you'd like to do us a huge favor, you can do so by clicking here!
Show Notes Archive
If you're looking for a link we've mentioned in the past, head on over to the Does Not Compute site! We've even included a search tool for you to use to find episodes that touch on specific topics.
Join Us On Spectrum
If you have enjoyed the show so far, reach out to us on twitter at @seanwashbot and @Schrockwell, or join us in the Spectrum community at https://spectrum.chat/specfm/does-not-compute!